Thursday, November 24, 2016

Israel Lemon in Ollur Thrissur Kerala

My Blog although has the name Blogsownkitchen has photos of many plants. It looks awkward for the visitor but the fact is to run a kitchen, one needs vegetables and fruits apart from other food items. My aim is to grow organic vegetables, fruits, fish, cereals like corn etc. and use it in my kitchen experiments. I love Western food, Mediterranean, Middle East, Asian and Fusion food. I mix and match the recipes of various cultures. I chop some fresh veggies from my backyard, add a dash of chilli, Olive oil and Turmeric powder and little salt to make some salad or soup. There is no fixed quantity, measurement or routine chef job. I post it on the web so that people get inspired by my simple recipes and organic farming methods. Please call George 9895039531 for any assistance.
Seen here is Israel Lemon which produced one Lemon which was originally on the plant when I bought it. It never flowered after that for the last 2-3 years. I am pruning it and giving enough organic manure. I bought it for Rs. 350. I have other Fruit trees like Pommegranate, Grape, African Cola Nut and Rambutan as well which had some flowers and produced zero or some poor quality fruits and less yield. The people selling these plants in Kerala are either greedy and selling sub standard plants with a huge price tag. I have seen fruit plants with price of Rs. 3500 per plant which they say is imported from Thailand and Australia etc. Who knows. I feel it is logical to grow local fruits. 

No comments: