Saturday, February 16, 2013

French Fries made in Kerala

I made French Fries at my home in Thrissur, Kerala last week during a Harthal day and it came out fantastic... ofcourse in taste and in looks too...!! I referred the recipe by David Myers probably an American but I did it in my own way.

We used to eat French Fries and Honey Chilli Potatoes from Hotel Merlin International. We all love it and especially my kids. They were pestering me to make it at home. We made Honey Chilli Potatoes earlier but it was not crispy. But the French fries were excellent.

Ingredients:

Potato  - 3 Nos. (Good enough for my daughters Olivia and Carol)
Coconut Oil - Pour it lavishly so that the Fries will get fried quick and not soaking too much Oil.
Salt - As required.

Wash the Potatoes very well and peel it. Cut it into sticks of 3-4 inches and dip in water for 2 hours. Drain water every hour and then finally dry the sticks in tissue paper and keep aside for a while to get it completely dry.
Heat Oil in a thick & deep Iron China Pot. Heat it very well around 250 deg C. Toss the sticks a handful each time and cook for 2-3 min. Remove the fries to a tissue paper to soak away the Oil. Keep the fries in the Freezer for 20 minutes or so to get it cold.
Re heat the Oil to 370 deg C and fry the sticks once again. Remove after 4-5 min when it starts getting golden brown and soak the excess oil by keeping the fries in a Plate spread with Tissue paper. Sprinkle some salt and eat with Tomato Sauce instantly.

No comments: